Reading this book will help you answer more of life's seemingly unanswerable questions, such as:
• Are sex and love really the same?
• What attracts us to certain individuals and not others?
• Do couples married for one year and couples married for twenty years share the same love? Why?
• Apart from joy and happiness, is there any purpose for love?
• Why do so many people have difficulty finding the person of their dreams?
• Is there anything we can do to grow our current love into True Love?
• Can marriage of convenience result in True Love? Is there a biological reason for this?
• Can we really smell a good mate? What is the biological basis for this?
• Why do many of us marry the wrong partner?
Love is a truly universal emotion and is reported in all cultures and throughout known history. No culture disavows or disbelieves in love.
Has love changed over the centuries?
Why do we need love?
What is the biological basis of Love?
Is love a matter of the heart?
Love and the sex drive
Can love touch us one time and last for a lifetime?
Dr. Nour explains that love comes in four phases, just like having a child happens in four phases.
• Phase One of Love—Finding the Person of My Dreams
— what is the genetic and biological basis for this?
• Phase Two of Love—Romantic love
Is “love is merely a madness,” as Shakespeare was quoted? What is the biological basis for this and how does it happen?
• Phase Three of Love—Falling out of Love.
The author explains the biological reasons for falling out of love and the benefits of this phase of love.
• Phase Four of Love—True Love
True Love is the final and permanent phase of love. It should last you the rest of your life. Author explins the biological, genetic factors and how to grow to true love.
Myths about love
The author also discusses in detail many myths and misconceptions about love.
How can I find love the correct way?
Using science, we can grow love based on facts and not myths. How?
Dr. Nour answers common questions that he hears
Fred Nour, M.D.
Fred Nour, M.D. is a nationally and internationally renowned neurologist who is certified in both neurology and neurophysiology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and a licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians of London.
He is a member of The American Association for the Advancement of Science, The Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics, The American Academy of Neurology, and many others. Dr. Nour has been honored with many awards, such as being named one of the top doctors in the Chicago metro area, one of America’s top physicians (4 times), and one of the top doctors in Indianapolis. He held academic positions and authored medical articles in various medical journals. Dr. Nour has given numerous speeches about various medical topics to both the general public and medical doctors.
Dr. Nour lives in the Los Angeles area. He is happily married, with two daughters in college.